Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job at TCCIA, Business Development Service Officer | Deadline: 30th May, 2019
AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Vacancy title: Business Development Service Officer [ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Business Operations ]
Jobs at: Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA)
Deadline of this Job: 30th May 2019
Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Babati – Manyara , East Africa
Date Posted: 15th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TCCIA (Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture) is a membership organization of entrepreneurs. In Tanzania that has been existing since 1988.
TCCIA Manyara branch was found in 2004, and its core activities are lobbying and advocacy on behalf of its members, to strengthen the capacity of its members through training(marketing, simple record keeping, business plan and ect) as well as to link members to financial institutions and investors, etc. TCCIA Manyara operates in all 5 districts of Manyara region.
Work station: Babati – Manyara Region
Context of the Job:
TCCIA Manyara is currently implementing a programme financed by the Belgian NGO Trias. The programme focuses on Connecting, Empowering and Transforming for a more sustainable and Inclusive World.
The BDS Officer plays a key role in implementing the programme and planning TCCIA’s activities and reporting on the same..
Duties and responsibilities
• Establish training needs for the identified SME.
• Promote and assist registration and formalization of business members.
• Provide Business Development Services and coaching to the target as per the identified needs.
• Evaluate and report on the progress of the SMEs.
• Promote networking among SMEs including inter business visits, for experience sharing.
• Promote markets for groups & Members (Also all ordinary members).
• Promote internal Governance within the Chamber especially at the district level.
• Project proposals writing, execution, monitoring and evaluation
• Identification of business consultants and development research methodologies.
• Carry out advocacy programs on topical issues affecting chamber members
• Prepare and submit to management and Donor performance reports.
• Perform any other duties as will be directed by your supervisor
Qualifications and experience:
A university degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Community Development or Equivalent with at least Three Years Working Experience in a Member Based Organization. Fundamental responsibilities like Business intelligence and passion for knowledge, Negotiation skills, Project proposals writing, execution, monitoring and evaluation, writing business plans, financial management and data management.
NEW TANZANIAN JOBS OPPORUNITIES 2019 (1,090+ POSTS)
• Good people skills, networker
• Ability to work independently and also in a team.
• Can motivate and coach other staff.
• Flexibility in terms of working hours and location and willingness to travel.
• Good computer skills (MS office, internet, …)
• Must be pro-active and able to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili both oral and written
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications letter (maximum 1 page) accompanied with their recent CVs (maximum 4 pages), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of two referees with their contacts to:-
P.O BOX 339,
Closing date is Thursday 30th May 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.